Thursday, May 25, 2006

good flick

Last night my wife and I rented and watched The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. I thought the first 35 minutes moved pretty slowly. But the second two-thirds of the movie was focused almost entirely on Aslan's strategy for redeeming Narnia from the curse of the White Witch. The most significant part of his plan included his substitutionary death to pay the penalty for the law-breaking of Edmund. Then he rose from the dead, defeating death for all who loved him.

I couldn't believe that Walt Disney would make a movie that so blatantly portrayed the gospel in a way that the world could understand it. I recommend this movie.

5 comments:

bandlady said...

I loved the film. I finally saw it a few weeks ago. What got me hooked were the opening scenes from WWII. It must be the WWII junkie in me. I was glued to the TV the entire movie!

di dooley said...

big doo and i watched it a few weeks ago on the insistance of our daughter. i agree, the first 20 min. moved really slow but the remainder was really entertaining. good family movie with a great message for all ages.

Jason Woolever said...

the only thing that could have made it better would have been watching it with the big doo!

di dooley said...

it was great watching with him (when you can hear over the snoring) he dozed quite often in his chair!!

Jason Woolever said...

that's a good use of any movie!