Wednesday, May 17, 2006

kudos to truth-tellers 2

So then, putting away falsehood, let all of us speak the truth to our neighbours, for we are members of one another.
Ephesians 4:25

I really appreciated the honest feedback I received from my friend Kara on my last post. I could tell she was careful in her phrasing, but was brave enough to give honest feedback which will lead to growth.

I know that we are often hesitant to give others feedback about the job that they are doing. For this reason, many people continue for years doing things that they are not gifted for.

In order for the Kingdom of God to flourish, we need to be courageous enough to speak the truth in love. Thanks Kara.

But speaking the truth in love, we must grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, from whom the whole body, joined and knitted together by every ligament with which it is equipped, as each part is working properly, promotes the body’s growth in building itself up in love.
Ephesians 4:15-16

No comments: