Sunday, May 21, 2006

Lead Like Jesus

Being a part of my friends' wedding this weekend was so fulfilling for me. It was a gift of God that he used to bring a sense of continuity to my somewhat scattered life. The bride, the maid of honor, and I were all in nursery school together, and grew up together. A few other lifelong friends were present. Truly beautiful.

Friday night after the rehearsal in Joliet, my wife and I went to Target to get diapers, and then to Barnes and Noble. I had planned on buying yet another Bible that I didn't need, but stumbled onto Ken Blanchard and Phil Hodges' book, Lead Like Jesus. Blanchard got worldwide recognition through his early book, The One-Minute Manager. Then, after meetings with Norman Vincent Peale and Phil Hodges, Blanchard dedicated his entire life to Christ. This book represents the change in direction and leadership philosophy that took place. It is an incredible book that challenges the values of almost every other leadership book I've ever read, Christian or secular.

Get it and read it!

No comments: