Monday, May 22, 2006

self-serving leader or servant leader?

"Self-serving leaders think they should lead and others should follow. Servant leaders, on the other hand, seek to respect the wishes of those who have entrusted them with a season of influence and responsibility." (Lead Like Jesus, p.47)

"Leading like Jesus means leading with humility, which requires knowledge of whose you are and who you are. You are called to be a good steward of your season of influence in service to a plan that was set in motion before you came on the scene. Your influence will extend beyond your exit in the hearts and minds of those entrusted to your care." (p.66)

3 comments:

Lon Alderman said...

Jason - is the "page 66" quote the one you were searching for at breakfast? It's a gem! Thank you for guiding me to new, solid resources! - Lon

Jason Woolever said...

no, that's not the one I was searching for. but I do like that one a lot. I'm going to keep looking for the one I was trying to find.

no problem! my pleasure!

Jason Woolever said...

i found it! i posted it above!