Tuesday, August 29, 2006

wiped out

I'm feeling really wiped out today. Yesterday I got the opportunity to hang out with some kids at our local high school who were grieving the death of their friend, Ali Arbogast. In the afternoon I went to the wake at the Roman Catholic Church in town. It was full of young people and old weeping and sobbing. When I left it was pouring down rain and I got soaked. The downpour from heaven on the outside of the church seemed very appropriate considering what was going on inside the church.

When I pulled into my house my little 1.5-year-old daughter was looking out the window, waiting for me. She got excited when she saw me pull in the drive. It was so good to hold her after just speaking with Frank Arbogast who was standing beside the coffin of his beautiful dead 16-year-old daughter at the wake. I can only imagine the pain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jason,

I'm sure that your Christian witness was appreciated as the family and the students grieve over their loss.

A car accident that totaled my car was the defining moment that got me back into church. I survived the accident with some bruised ribs and an upper respiratory infection (which was caused by mold/mildew in the talcum like powder that keeps the air bags from drying out and cracking).
Having seen air bags in action, I'm a big fan of them and my current car has some of the best available.

The accident occurred about three years ago on February 14th. When I see the Volkswagon commercial "Safety Happens", I have to change the channel. That is a fairly realistic accident scenario. It disturbs me.

Our lifes our so fragile, here in Dallas we were discussing a man that left his infant son in the car and went to work. The child died in the 100 degree heat. We kept asking ourselves how? why?

Our Men's Bible fellowship grieved for that child as we all pondered our own mortality and our blessed hope in Jesus.

Jesus be with you Jason and your family.

John Flores
Frisco, Texas

Jason Woolever said...

Whoa, John. How incredible! Why would anyone leave a baby in a car to die? blows my mind.