Sunday, September 10, 2006

promise keepers


Last night I returned from my first Promise Keepers Conference. It was incredible. The first night the aisles were jam-packed as men came forward to commit their lives to Jesus Christ for the first time. They announced that there were 522 first time commitments to Jesus. I can only imagine the families, homes, and businesses that will be effected by God's outpouring in these dude's lives. There were great speakers and the whole thing was emceed by this wildman-of-God Reggie Dabbs (pictured above).

I attended this event in Milwaukee at the invitation of my older brother who lives in Wisconsin. I hope to return with men from my church and men who don't yet know Christ in the coming years.

2 comments:

Donny Prater said...

Glad you made it out this year! I just got back from Louisville conference and have to say it just gets better every year!

Steve said...

I just came across your post regarding Promise Keepers. I was at that event and although I wasn't one of the 522 who gave their lives to Christ that night, I was a rededication.

I invite you to read my PK testimony on my blog.

I'm also continuing to stoke the fire and excitement inside of me that God have put there.

As our pastor explained a few weeks ago... It's not that I need more of the Spirit in me. It's that I need to devote more of myself to allowing the Holy Spirit to work through me and in me.

My blog is at steveunleashed.blogspot.com

Please take a look and let me know what you think.

Steve