Thursday, October 19, 2006

an unfinished life

Last night, when I went to the video store to pick out a flick I heard the manager telling someone about how great this movie was. I decided to rent it.

Its a really good movie that deals fairly with difficult real life dilemmas like domestic violence, animal rights, forgiveness, overcoming bitterness, relational extrangement, and regaining a purpose for your life in the midst of severe loss. It's not overtly Christian, and the ways that all of these issues are dealt are not from a Christian perspective. However, I recommend it because it lays the problems out realistically and attempts to provide some sort of vision for the potential of healing.

Its got a PG13 rating and the most notable swear word is "God D--m". With that in mind I can recommend this movie if you go in with these issues in mind and are up for it.

3 comments:

JD said...

Jason,

My wife and I watched that a few months ago. It was a descent movie and, as you stated, dealt with some difficult subjects fairly well. I would like to rename the movie "An Unfinished Movie." There was so much more that could have been addressed. It ended with me wanting more. I'm just sain'.

PAX
JD

PS: Go see Facing the Giants! That is a great family movie.

bandlady said...

I'd go see this movie because it has one of my favorite actors in it, Damien Lewis. :)

Mike said...

strange... the word you mentioned Jason is only offensive in this country, and used liberally (even in the pulpit) in others.

Just a side issue!! (and I promise I won't use it at Pontiac next weekend!! hahaha)