Wednesday, December 27, 2006

ben franklin / out of blogging range

I've been reading Ray Pritchard's book Credo the past week. It's a book that goes line by line through the Apostle's Creed, giving explanation of each line. I recommend it. I'm planning to use it in a class very soon.

In the chapter on the Resurrection of the Body, Pritchard shares an epitaph that Ben Franklin wrote for himself when he was 23-years-old (which did not end up being used when he died). It read:

The body of
Benjamin Franklin, Printer
(Like the Cover of an Old Book
Its Contents torn Out
And Stript of its Lettering and Gilding)
Lies Here, Food for Worms.
But the Work shall not be Lost;
For it will (as he Believ'd) Appear once More
In a New and More Elegant Ediction
Revised and Corrected
By the Author.

I thought that was cool.

It looks like I'll be out of blogging range until at least Sunday, January 7, 2007. Alas, my in-laws are kidnapping me and my family and taking us to Cancun. It will be rough, but I'm clinging to the words of Paul, "I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed to us."

When I'm suffering on the beach in Mexico, I'm be thinking of you... or maybe not!

See you when I get back!

3 comments:

JD said...

Have fun and visit Tulum while you are there. It is beautiful!

PAX
JD

Armando said...

Enjo our holidays bro, and don't even think of anthing else than enjoing it, including blogging and your blogsphere-mates!
Be blessed!

Ray Pritchard said...

Jason, glad you are enjoying Credo. Thanks for your kind words. I hope you have some "fun in the sun" in Mexico. Happy New Year!

Ray Pritchard