Saturday, December 02, 2006

biblical inerrancy and science

Another question I've been pondering lately is how the doctrine of Biblical Inerrancy fits in with science. I just came across a ministry called Answers In Creation. The front page of their site has these words:

Welcome to Answers In Creation, a creation science ministry believing in an inerrant Word of God, a literal interpretation of Genesis, and a billions of years old earth.

Did you know that you can be a conservative Christian, and believe that the earth is billions of years old? You can even believe in evolution and be a Christian. There is no conflict between modern science and the Bible.
They really like this Billy Graham quote:
"I don't think that there's any conflict at all between science today and the Scriptures. I think that we have misinterpreted the Scriptures many times and we've tried to make the Scriptures say things they weren't meant to say, I think that we have made a mistake by thinking the Bible is a scientific book. The Bible is not a book of science. The Bible is a book of Redemption, and of course I accept the Creation story. I believe that God did create the universe. I believe that God created man, and whether it came by an evolutionary process and at a certain point He took this person or being and made him a living soul or not, does not change the fact that God did create man. ... whichever way God did it makes no difference as to what man is and man's relationship to God."
I hope to check it out more later.

At another site I found this picture which seems to be making the suspicious claim that Chinese dinosaurs did not have heads!

4 comments:

teachu2 said...

Click on the book and it shows a bigger image of the dinosaur...wow! it has a head!!!

Jason Woolever said...

whew! Dinosaurs without heads could be dangerous! However chickens can survive for a minute or two with no head. But I think they are more apt to run into things

Anonymous said...

Jason,

If I need a name of a band, I will definitely seek your advice...

Flaming Snowflakes
Chinese Dinosaurs

Some good options here..

John Flores
Frisco, Texas

Jason Woolever said...

hey, those are good!