Preparing a Sermon
1. Choose your text and meditate on it.
2. Ask questions of the text.
3.Combine diligent study with fervent prayer.
4. Isolate the Dominant Thought of the Text.
5. Arrange Your Material to Serve the Dominant Thought
6. Remember the Power of Imagination--Illustrate!
7. Add Your Introduction
8. Add Your Conclusion
9. Write Down Your Sermon
10. Edit it Again
11. Pray over Your Message
Wednesday, March 07, 2007
sermon preparation by John Stott
Here's a great blog post by Joshua Harris where he summarizes John Stott's teachings about sermon preparation. I've included the main points without explanation below.