Saturday, March 24, 2007

what a man desperately desires

I've finally gotten around to reading John Eldridge's manly book Wild at Heart. Someone loaned it to me 3.5 years ago, and the title sounded too much like a Brat Pack romantic comedy, so I never got around to reading it. I'm almost halfway through and so far its good. Eldridge says that in the heart of a man there is a desperate desire for these three things:
1) a battle to fight
2) an adventure to live
3) a beauty to rescue (p.9)

Women, on the other hand, desire:
1) to be fought for
2) an adventure to share
3) a beauty to unveil (p.17)

4 comments:

JD said...

Great book and very challenging to say the least. Some of his stories can be a bit hokey, but they have value in presenting his point.

PAX
JD

Dana said...

Hm. I don't know that I agree with those points, but it sounds interesting.

Jason Woolever said...

i have no idea if that's true about women or not. Dana, you do have the inside scoop as a woman.

Dana said...

Mm. More from the idea that... aren't they all the same thing? 1, 2, and 3 are all challenges. I mean, I haven't read the book, so I'm GUESsING that it explains the differences between them.

And, well... I don't know that I fit the mold for women ;)