Friday, April 06, 2007

tired

I've had a tiring week and haven't gotten around to blogging much. For starters, my 2 yr old daughter has been waking up a lot during the night. As I get older, I'm finding I have a harder time going back to sleep after continual disruptions. But hey, its her birthday week, so I guess she can do whatever she wants.

On top of that and all the Easter preparations, a friend of mine, Margo McCoy, died Tuesday. I did the funeral today. I've done tons of funerals. I can whip out funerals for strangers with little emotional drainage. But when I have to bury a friend, it takes me through the ringer. At the same time, its such an honor to be in a place where I can serve Christ by performing funerals for people who are special to me.

One good thing about this week is that Corey Brewer, Joakim Noah, Al Horford and Taurean Green are leaving the Florida Gators to go to the NBA. I know they're good, but they're so cocky. I'm glad I won't have to watch them play NCAA basketball next year. I'm sorry, but that little shoulder wiggle thing that Al Horford did in front of the camera in the Championship game almost made me throw up - literally. I don't care much about the NBA, so I think I can avoid seeing the Horford shoulder wiggle again for the rest of my life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you, Jason.
I've had family stuff going on - no sick kids, though. It is Holy Week and I played baseball with my son, took my daughter to a movie and I need to go out on a date with my wife! I, too, am tired. We've got like 10-11 relatives in the house this weekend. The three churches are all in full swing. Like you, I had a tough funeral back on Thursday. It does drain you. Take some time to rest today (Saturday). That's what I plan on doing to be ready for Sunday. Have a Great Easter! It should be a celebration, although a bit heavy-hearted.

Allen

TN Rambler said...

Jason,
I know how you feel. All of the pressure of the additional services during Holy Week and a funeral for a friend to boot.

My situation this year is similar, a man who was a pillar of support for me in candidacy died this week, and although I didn't officiate at the funeral, it was rough as I helped to minister to the family. In just the past 3 months, I have lost 2 people who were strong supporters of my entrance to the ministry, and I'm about to lose a third any day.

I echo what Allen has said. Have a great Easter, secure in the knowledge of God's love for us...a love that ensures that we will be reunited with the ones that have loved us and influenced us as we strive to serve the risen Lord. May God's blessing be with you my brother.

Wayne

Jason Woolever said...

Wayne and Allen, thanks for the encouragement guys. You guys are both dealing with the exact same stuff I am. May God's grace sustain and prosper us. Blessings on your Easter ventures as well.