Wednesday, July 25, 2007

commitment is the key

I was listened to a John Maxwell recording today, and he told the story about how when he was young in his ministry, he felt in way over his head. He wondered if he should back out, so he carried this saying on a laminated card with him every day for like 2 years and read it every day.

Commitment is the Key
“Until I am committed there is a hesitancy, the chance to draw back. But the moment I definitely commit myself then God moves also and a whole stream of events begin to erupt. All manner of unforeseen incidents, meetings, persons and material assistance that I could have never dreamed would come my way begin to flow toward me… the moment I make a commitment.”

6 comments:

Lon Alderman said...

This quote reminds me of the crossing of the Jordan River. God required some wet toes before He piled up the Jordan.

Great to see you blogging again!

Lon

Jason Woolever said...

hey Lon! i've found that with more responsibility I have less time to blog! An unexpected tragedy to be sure! ha ha. Oh well, I guess everyone has to work for a living!

JD said...

Thanks for a few more good quotes, Jason. You're my hero. I will be plagerizing, I mean linking, this soon.

PAX
JD

Jason Woolever said...

ha ha. i guess its all plagerizing anyway!

JD said...

Technically, isn't every sermon a plagerization of some other sermon, thought, or scripture? We're all just trying to share the gospel, and sometimes, the simplest things have the biggest impact. A song, a story, a quote.

Thanks for taking time to share these things with the new role and responsibilities you have taken on.

PAX
JD

Anonymous said...

What is the difference between involved and committed?
In a bacon and egg breakfast, the chicken was involved, the pig was committed.

John Flores
Little Elm, Texas