I'm currently reading The Difference Maker, by John Maxwell. Its a book about how the right attitude makes a significant difference in life. Good book for sure.
In chapter four, he says "How to Choose the Right Track" with our attitude is to:
1) Take Responsibility for Your Attitude.
2) Evaluate Your Present Attitude.
- Identify problem feelings about yourself.
- Identify problem feelings related to others.
- Identify problem thinking.
3) Develop the Desire to Change.
4) Change Your Attitude by Changing Your Thoughts.
- Major Premise: We can control our thoughts.
- Minor Premise: Our feelings come from our thoughts.
- Therefore: We can control our feelings by changing the way we think.
5) Develop Good Habits.
6) Manage Your Attitude Daily.