Wednesday, July 04, 2007

seven habits

I've been reviewing a lot of leadership literature that I've read in the past five years. A few years ago I read The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People. Strangely enough, the most important thing it taught me was how to keep a Day Planner. That's no small help by the way! I know that the author Stephen Covey is a Mormon, which should make an evangelical Christian a bit skeptical of his teachings. However, most of his writing in this book is descriptive before its prescritive (although it is that as well). Covey is saying this is what effective people already do. One can without stretching the imagination find these principles already prescribed numerous times in the Bible. Anyway, here are those 7 habits:
1) Be Proactive.

2) Begin with the End in Mind.

3) Put First Things First.

4) Think Win/Win.

5) Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood.

6) Synergize.

7) Sharpen the Saw.

No comments: