Sunday, August 19, 2007

Billy Sunday via Brian Bill

My buddy Brian Bill posted these cool Billy Sunday quotes today:
Your reputation is what people say about you. Your character is what God and your wife know about you.

If you took no more care of yourself physically than spiritually, you'd be just as dried up physically as you are spiritually.

To train a boy in the way he should go you must go that way yourself.

Don't stop with telling your boy to do right. Show him how.

Be careful, father, or while you are taking one lap around the devil's track your boy will make six.

Better die an old maid, sister, than marry the wrong man.

Whiskey is all right in its place -- but its place is hell.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jason! I hope you and the family are settling into the new place. I've been stealing some of your quotes to put in my classroom...thanks for saving me some time! My grandfather, William Sunday Wolf, was named for Billy Sunday. Apparently, his mother saw Billy Sunday preach in Pontiac and the rest is history! We miss you!!! Kara

Jason Woolever said...

Kara! Great to hear from you! We miss you too! That is so cool about your grandfather being named after Billy Sunday. And also about you using the quotes. Every quote is already stolen anyway, so we're just a couple of thieves passing around the loot! Tell Brad and the girls I said hello!