Monday, August 20, 2007

John Maxwell recommends that we do the following with regard to thinking:

1. Acquire the Wisdom of Big Picture Thinking: Am I thinking beyond myself and my world so that I process ideas with a holistic perspective?

2. Unleash the Potential of Focused Thinking: Am I dedicated to removing distractions and mental clutter so that I can concentrate with clarity on the real issue?

3. Discover the Joy of Creative Thinking: Am I working to break out of my "box" of limitations so that I explore ideas and options to experience creative breakthroughs?

4. Recognize the Importance of Realistic Thinking: Am I building a solid mental foundation on facts so that I can think with certainty?

5. Release the Power of Strategic Thinking: Am I implementing strategic plans that give me direction for today and increase my potential for tomorrow?

6. Feel the Energy of Possibility Thinking: Am I unleashing the enthusiasm of possibility thinking to find solutions for even seemingly impossible situations?

7. Embrace the Lesson of Reflective Thinking: Am I regularly revisiting the past to gain a true perspective and think with understanding?

8. Question the Acceptance of Popular Thinking: Am I consciously rejecting the limitations of common thinking in order to accomplish uncommon results?

9. Encourage the Participation of Shared Thinking: Am I consistently including the heads of others to think "over my head" and achieve compounding results?

10. Experience the Satisfaction of Unselfish Thinking: Am I continually considering others and their journey in order to think with collaboration?

11. Enjoy the Return of Bottom-line Thinking: Am I staying focused on results in order to gain the maximum return and reap the full potential of my thinking?

(John Maxwell, Today Matters, pp.150-151)

No comments: