Thursday, September 27, 2007

annual consultation

Today I had my first annual consultation with my new District Superintendent. I've been experiencing quite a bit of anxiety of late, due to the fact of a baby on the way (and now here!), a new job, a new town, many new challenges, etc. I didn't know what to expect in my consultation, but I was so blessed I cried (just for a moment) as I drove away. She began by praying in the Spirit (not in tongues) for me, my ministry, and my family. Then she discussed in depth the church I'm serving, the opportunities and challenges. She threw good ideas and resources at me. Most of all, she kept pointing me back to seeking God's will and to Jesus Christ over and over. Before I closed our meeting in prayer, she asked how she could pray for me over the next 6 months. I just wanted to brag on her for a minute and say how blessed I was by our meeting today.

6 comments:

Lon Alderman said...

PTL for a great first step with your new D.S. And, praise God for a leader that is God-focused and prayer-dependent!

Love ya!
Lon

Jason Woolever said...

Hey Lonnie. Yeah, I was truly blessed and affirmed by our meeting. lookin forward to catching up with you soon!

Mark Winter said...

Cool! Nine years ago, when I visited my DS to tell him that I was thinking about going into fulltime evangelism, he offered to pray for me. It was a very moving and heartfelt prayer, too. That was such a blessing (and a lesson for me), 'cause I have been guilty of stereotyping our bishops and district superintendents as unfeeling religious bureaucrats.

Mike R said...

Good onya Bev!!!

bugs said...

Wow, what a blessing! How amazing it is when we find people in the higher tears of the leadership of our church who are still focused on God! You give me hope...

I trust that you will be upholding your DS in your own prayers.

revjfletcher said...

It's a great comfort to have that kind of relationship, and that kind of person as your DS. Praise God! My DSs (DSeses) have expressed that same kind of interest in my spiritual being.

Keep praying. Stay blessed...john