Sunday, April 20, 2008

2 movies

I have found that one of the keys to my wife's heart is being willing to watch movies based on Jane Austen books. I've seen more versions of Pride and Prejudice, Persuasion, Sense and Sensibility, and Emma than anyone I know. A couple of nights ago, I sent her to our local Red Box to check out a movie, and she came home with this movie, which is a construction of what Jane Austen's life might have been like, since we really don't know. It was actually good, though I must admit a little more racy than I would have imagined. Still, that's hardly racy at all really.

Guys, never underestimate the power of being willing to watch chic flicks with your wife. It goes a long way.

Yesterday, I got to go to the Red Box to pick a movie for us. I ended up bringing home Next, with Nicolas Cage, Julianne Moore, and Jessica Biel. This was PG-13, and except for a couple of inferences of casual sex and a little violence it was squeaky clean and action packed. I had never heard of it before I went to the Red Box, but the young lady behind me in line was getting sick of waiting for me to pick a movie and said I really needed to see this one. It was a winner.

1 comment:

JD said...

But, were you disappointed with the ending. I was. The movie, overall was a fascinating look into the possibility of precognition, but the ending just drove me up a wall. Very similar to Jumper. The premise and back story were wonderful, if they would have developed them. The next thing you know the movie is over, lining itself out for a sequel.

Good to know that Becoming Jane has potential. That is the next movie V and I need to watch.

PAX
JD