Sunday, April 13, 2008

Dan in Real Life

In the past few months, I've become a very die-hard fan of The Office, specifically of Steve Carell. My wife and I have been checking out some of the movies he made. A couple of weeks ago we watched Evan Almighty, a modern-day remake of Noah's Ark. Last night we watched Dan in Real Life. This is a great movie about grief, parenting, family dynamics, and love. I have to say that Steve Carell is an incredible actor, from his improv comedy stuff on The Office to the family comedy of Evan Almighty to the straight drama of Dan in Real Life. If you haven't checked out The Office, new episodes began airing last week on NBC - Thursday nights at 8:00pm. You won't be sorry (if your sense of humor is like mine).

4 comments:

JD said...

First off, Jason, good to have you back. I can understand the lack of blogging. Been down that road too, but for different reasons.

On Steve Carell, I have never got into The Office, but love Scrubs. Not sure why.

I liken his role in Dan in Real Life to Robin Williams role in The Fisher King, a breakthrough dramatic role.

PAX
JD

Jason Woolever said...

JD, great to hear from you. I like scrubs some, but don't watch it as often. I'll have to check out the Fisher King. How about Good Will Hunting - Robin Williams rocked in that!

JD said...

He was awesome, but if I remember correctly, The Fisher King was his first major dramatic role. I also liked him in What Dreams May Come. Beautiful movie.

PAX
JD

Jason Woolever said...

I have not seen What Dreams May Come. My wife saw it before we got together, and I feel bad asking her to watch one she's already seen. Maybe its been long enough